Wednesday 29 November 2017

Craft Consortium, Winter Woodland, Decoupage + Squirrel Clock Face

Good morning, everyone!
It's another cold and frosty one here in the UK, and as anyone who knows me can tell you - I am no fan of the cold.

So I've turned things around for this project today using just one topper from Craft Consortium's Winter Woodland collection - just because it says Winter doesn't mean that's all you have to use it for!


But if you don't like squirrels you should look away 'round about...  now!




For those of you that do love them, however...
Isn't this just the sweetest topper ever?

And such a good size, too.




Such a cutie deserved pride of place on my project for today, so I placed it slap bang in the middle of this clock face.

And why not?





Take a look 'round the back...

See, it has an easel backing that folds flat - which means that this could easily be given instead of a card.
Just attach a label and write 'Happy Birthday' on it or something...




I don't get 'cards' like this...  
so maybe I should squirrel this one away (tee hee) and keep it for myself?

What do you think?





*

Craft Consortium supplies used:

Winter Woodland

Always & Forever

Santoro - Kori Kumi
Leaf Ribbon Set

Decoupage Paper
Seaspray
Metallic Copper


*


As always, I've attached my decoupage papers using spray adhesive.



Here's a closer look at the bottom layer... 



Can you see how I scrumpled up that clock face Decoupage paper to get that crackle effect?




I also smeared brown ink all over the front, left it for a minute or two and then wiped it all off.
Why?

Because the ink seeps into the creases and tones down the shine.
I'm a muted kind of shine girl by nature, you know!





Want to see some more inspiration?

Tune in to Create and Craft TV (11am UK time) today.
That's 29th November, 2017. 
I'm pretty sure I've even heard that there's a sale on! 
(If you are reading this at a later date - sorry, you've missed it)!



But maybe next time...




Donna. x

6 comments:

  1. Hello Donna, what a cute chappie he is and he looks super on the clock face. The little resin flowers are a nice addition. Hope you're well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Claire! I had no idea how much fun it could be to be given a paper pad and be told to just 'go play'... and this nature themed collection is one I love.
      If the Resin Flowers are your kind of thing, it might be worth checking out the shop. I'm fairly sure they are half price right now.
      Thanks for stopping by, lovely!
      Stay warm. X

      Delete
  2. Definitely a keeper! Stunning! I keep my fave christmas cards and put them out each year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes things they struggle/refuse to part with!
      Big thanks to you. X
      😊

      Delete
  3. Stunning makes you have created Donna, sorry I missed commenting on them all..love this gorgeous squirrel! on this beautiful clock.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely.
      Glad you are back so soon.
      Don't overdo it though!
      💕😘

      Delete