Wednesday 20 July 2016

Stick Frames, Postcard, Vellum,

  If you read my last post you will know that my friend Olga kindly sent me some lovely goodies a few weeks ago - including some Stick Frames die cuts (Poppystamps).
Today's card uses the last of these...  which is good as I didn't want them to go to waste, but bad as although I have this die on its way to me from America, it's still not here yet!
No one in the UK seems to have this die in stock...  Well, no one I can find, anyway!
The truth is, most online shops over here are still waiting on deliveries of the latest additions to the range - and then it's a case of waiting to see which dies they choose to stock. 
And I'm not very good at waiting!!!
Oh well...


Today's card has been made with the CAS Mix Up Challenge in mind...









I always find CAS a real challenge, so to be allowed to blur the lines a little is fantastic news.  It means I can sneak in a layer, add some texture paste, distress some edges a little, add some ink...  and many more things besides.  As long as it's still CAS by nature, it fits this challenge theme.
Have you tried playing along?



  Here's my quick 'how to'...

Stamp Postcard image on to a piece of card stock.  Trim to size, distress and ink up edges.
Tear a piece of vellum to size.  Put to one side.
Using Embossing Ink, apply stamp image to a second piece of vellum.  Emboss and tear to size.
Wrap both vellum panels around postcard and attach from the back.
Cut out/Punch other Die Cut shapes - Spiral Flower, Leaves and Butterflies.
Add Marker details to Leaves.
Ink up edges of Spiral Flower (front and back), then roll up and glue into shape.
Glue all Die Cuts into place.




Supplies Used:

Stamps:
Penny Black 'Postcard'
Hero Arts Cling 'Two Vine Scrolls'

Dies:
Poppystamps 'Sticks Frame'
Memory Box 'Peaceful Butterfly Wings'
Sizzix/Holtz 'Tiny Tattered Florals'

Ink:
Holtz Distress 'Walnut Stain'
Ranger 'Perfect Medium'

Embossing Powder:
Stampendous 'Clear Detail'

Marker Pen:
Tsukineko (Memento) Dual Tip 'Olive Grove'

Punch:
Martha Stewart 'Pop Up Butterflies'

Other:
Vellum
Scrap of Glitter Card
Holtz Distress Tool




Challenges I'm Entering...

CAS Mix Up Challenge
(I chose Stamping, Markers, Heat Embossing, Die Cuts and a Punch)


That's Crafty
Feminine Challenge


Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge
(Vellum and all die cuts/punched shape from my snippets stash)




I am so glad Summer has finally arrived here in the UK.  It never lasts for very long so I plan to enjoy it.  You won't catch me complaining it's too hot!!!

Wishing you a fantastic rest of your day...

Donna. x

33 comments:

  1. Donna, you really know what to do with those stick frames - beautiful, beautiful card! Bad news that the goodies take so long to arrive, but good one that they finally will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olga. X
      I've got Jeaane on the case to see if they've been delayed somehow :)

      Delete
  2. What a stunning card this is Donna. I hope you soon get your lovely dies. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I love the versatility of this Stick Frames die :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful card Donna. Hope your stick frame dies arrive soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both!
      Hope you are enjoying our mini heatwave while it lasts. x

      Delete
  4. LOVE your design Donna. Those stick frames are so cool ... no wonder you are sad about using the last one in your stash. Hopefully your new dies arrive soon. The colours of your card are so perfect for an old fashioned postcard. Neutral with the big splash of colour from your dimensional flower ... just gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Loll. Used my wedding colours on this one. x

      Delete
  5. Wow Donna - this is absolutely stunning! Isn't The Mixed Media CAS challenge wonderful? And this is just perfect!! So elegant. I do love the Stick Frame dies - sits on hands - and also wonders if and when I'll ever get the promised MB compensatory die I was promised weeks ago in place of the one I went out and replaced. I know I could be spiting myself here but have decided to buy other manufacturers dies for the foreseeable future, sigh.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Di.
      I haven't forgotten about your goodies. Came down with a virus that lasted until the day before our heatwave struck. Didn't want to push myself that day... and as no air conditioning in my car I haven't gone out since either. I will let you know when though - hopefully tomorrow if the weather cools enough.
      Wonder if MB/Poppy are having delays due to the blog blitz? I've just had to chase my win and badge from last month...

      Delete
  6. Stunning Donna my friend! No wonder you are anxious to get that die! I love the flower too! Thanks for the step-by-step! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite spiral flower ever, Hazel. Love it. I think it's the spikey petals that make it the best ever. Are you tempted to go out and buy or are you still being a good girl and sticking to your stash - mainly..!
      And yes... I NEED that Stick Frames die!!!
      Hope you are enjoying the weather.
      Sleep well. X

      Delete
  7. Well Donna, you've done it now ;) I just went and bought it from Oyster Stamps here in the UK (in stock £9.50 free P&P) here:
    http://www.oysterstamps.co.uk/memory-box-poppystamp-die-stick-frames-c2x20641710

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So the answer to the question is 'yes'.., then 'no'!!!
      Mine's part of a challenge win that's MIA, so I don't need to buy it - I just need it to hurry up and get here!!!
      I use Oyster's occassionally, but often there are cheaper options IF I can stand the extra waiting time. X

      Delete
    2. Yes, the answer should have been, yes, then . . . no!! ;) Have a great day! Hazel xx

      Delete
  8. Love this CAS card Donna, you have used such delicate colours, that the flower and stick frame pop of the page! think I might need that flower..
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed it so much I bought the set as soon as it was released!
      Thanks for your kind words, Pam. X

      Delete
  9. This is fantastic, Donna! So much interest and still beautifully CAS! I hadn't seen this die before! Where have I been? HA! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Bonnie.
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  10. Fabulous blend of CAS and mixed media! Love all the elements you put together, especially the great stick die and the lovely use of vellum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan.
      I don't use my embossing powders very often. At least they got a play time for a change!
      ... And yes, it's a great Stick Frames die. (You would think I was on commission, wouldn't you)!!!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful card Donna. Love all the details and the way you still achieved a wonderful CAS design.
    I'll email you a link to shop you may find useful - they did get that die in a while ago - not in stock at the moment but they do have 2 other of the stick dies xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea :)
      I did try them initially but at the time they only had one of the three in stock - the Grand Sticks die. So I bought that one there and then!
      Have a good day...
      Donna. X

      Delete
  12. I love your vellum and spiral flower added to you postcard image. TFS Donna and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy...
      I had the vellum piece all ready to go and then had to decide what sort of background I wanted. The postcard idea came to mind eventually!!!
      Have a lovely day. X

      Delete
  13. I think I have the stick border like this Donna! I love how you used this die for your design... just gorgeous designing all around! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. X
      You think you have the border die? This may be a sign you have too many dies!!!

      Delete
  14. Hi Donna
    Just wanted to pop by and say it was lovely to meet you yesterday. It was a fab way to spend a Sunday afternoon and thank you so much for your gift......can never have too much ribbon lol!
    With all good wishes.
    Ang......Mrs Duck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet you, too :)
      My husband came home and went straight to the kitchen to cook a quick meal - then he was off to watch car racing (recorded from earlier that day). So I went upstairs, put Hochanda on and saw your friend John - who mentioned you by name. How lovely that I was able to know who he was talking about :)

      Delete
  15. Hello Donna. Enjoyed meeting you on Sunday. Such a pleasant afternoon. have been looking at your work it is so lovely!!! I am going to explore your blog a bit more :-) Best wishes to you and your family. Anne x (Copper Beech Crafts )

    This is where you will find WOYWW x
    http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Anne.
      It was lovely to meet you and your friend. It really was a lovely afternoon.
      Appreciate the link to the WOYWW blog.
      Thanks for stopping by :)
      Donna. X

      Delete
  16. Saw this gorgeous card in the playground. Think I might "need" that sticks die!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linby.
      It's such a useful little die, you know. Still waiting for mine to arrive, but it's on its way! If you do buy one, stop by and show me what you made :)
      Have a lovely weekend. x

      Delete