Wednesday 10 June 2015

Shaker Tag, Apples, Thanks

This is my first ever attempt at a 'shaker' of any sort...  and my thanks goes to Jeanne Jachna for her easy to understand tutorial on A Kept Life  :)




I'd also like to thank Tracey McNeely, Owner/Designer of Tag You're It among many other things.  She very kindly answered my query in detail and I appreciate her kindness in doing that - especially as I've just been on her blog (In My Creative Opinion) and read about how much she has going on right now.  Thank you  :)

So...  How did I make my Shaker Tag?

I've used the largest tag from the PaperSmooches Tags 2 set and cut it three times (one for the top, two glued together for the base).  I bought this set specifically for making shaker tags as my other tag dies are much smaller by comparison.

The aperture was cut from my Spellbinders (Small) Deckled Rectangle set, the 'Thanks' (I cut four of these and glued them together) is by Papertrey Ink (Wet Paint Cuts) and the apples are all from An Apple a Day (Poppystamps).  Before I forget, the highlight on the big apple was done using my Stampin' Up Chalk Marker  :)

Can you see the tiny apples inside the shaker tag with the green leaves on?  I must confess that the smallest leaves from the Poppystamps die were just too big for these, so instead I cut and 'pruned' some Ieaves from the Impression Obsession 'Leaf Cluster'.

I used a re sealable bag for my shaker...  and an acetate front sheet, securing it all together with double sided tape and mini foam pads.

As much as I love making tags, I really do struggle with the finishing bow/string/ribbon piece that threads through the hole at the top :(  In the end, I settled on a luggage tag ribbon look and threaded the red peg through.

Take a look at the design inspiration...  So CAS and so pretty...


Can a shaker card truly be CAS?  I'm guessing probably not, but I honestly don't know.

If you can spare the time I would really love to know what you think.  I've done my best to keep a minimalistic feel to it, either way!

Thanks for stopping by...

Donna

6 comments:

  1. Super tag. What a great idea to make it a shaker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracie :)
      Now that I know what I'm doing my next shaker shouldn't take so long (hopefully)!!!
      Thanks for taking the time to comment. X

      Delete
  2. Oohhh how clever to make a shaker tag. Thanks for joining us over at tag you're it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... Don't know if this one really counts as CAS, but Tracey's post with the see through packaging gave me the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag, CAS is always a good way to go, thanks so much for playing along with us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very kind of you to leave so many kind comments. Thank you, Erin :)

      Delete