Monday 8 June 2015

Christmas, Stag, Muted Colour Tones

A completely new Christmas Card challenge site began running a short while ago and today I've decided to take the plunge by playing along.  After all, we're almost half way through the year people!




I have to say I'm quite pleased that this card would suit a man or a woman equally well.
I would love to say that that was my intention all along, but I would be lying.  Cards for men are not my strong suit at all :(

To begin with, I used my Memory Box 'Drop Ornament' as I wanted to echo the fact that a strong main shape was a huge feature of the design inspiration post.

Next, I echoed the snow with my Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder.  Rather than cut my snow slope freehand I used the Drop Ornament again.  I don't really know why from from the word 'go' I knew that my design would focus around the Drop Ornament rather than in it.

I just love the stag from my Taylored Expressions, Birch tree Accessory Set.  I've paired it with the Fir Tree set from Impression Obsession, Star of Wonder (Memory Box), Christmas Baubles (Poppystamps) and some additional snowflakes from my Martha Stewart/All Over The Page 'Aspen Flurry'.

I don't know if you can tell from the picture but the stag and the medium sized fir tree have been mounted on foam pads for added dimension.  I should probably also mention (as the picture does not capture it at all) that other than the snowflake embossed background, the top of the ornament and the white snowflakes, everything else (including the card base) has been cut from Centura card.  I'm slowly growing fond of it's subtle shimmery effect :)

Do you like the embossing on my fir trees?  I used my Sizzix/Alterations Pine Branch folder for this. I haven't used this folder before today but I like the effect :)

Some grass from a very hard to get hold of (not to mention very expensive) Martha Stewart/Edge Punch (again procured from the USA)...

And that's one card ready for Christmas:)

Here's the design that was used as inspiration...




As you can see, I digressed from a purely white on white card.  I still haven't tried one of those as yet!

Why don't you try playing along with the next MUSE: Christmas Visions challenge?

'Bye for now...

Donna.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful textures and shapes in your scene! Wonderful composition!
    Thanks for joining in at Muse Christmas Visions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Chriss.
    The inspiration card was so gorgeous that I couldn't help but play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous texture and love you used Kraft and yes I do like the embossing of the tress, great take on the Muse card x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandie.
      First time embossing trees. Glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love the contrast of the craft and the way created such a pretty seen! So glad you joined us at Muse: ChristmasVisions - hope we'll see you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I really enjoyed putting this card together. Many thanks to my 'Muse' for the inspiration :)

      Delete
  5. Love this card!!! Amazing card for either man or woman, you are totally right about that!!! Gorgeous ornament base and all the lovelies with is! Thanks for joining us at MUSE Christmas Visions this week!!! Yay!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Your card for inspiration was just so lovely I had to play along. Yay!

      Delete