Sunday 17 May 2015

Circular Tag, Bird, Cherries

Apologies for not posting for a while...  I'm still getting over a virus that's stolen my energy as well as my mojo  :(
Didn't stop me from coveting some of the latest craft releases though!!!

Anyhow...  Before I was ill I had been having a go at making some 'hanging' aperture cards, using my Memory Box Large Snow Globe for the 'cut out'.  (I was foolish enough to try and persevere with these whilst ill.  It did not go well)!  I've used two of these 'left over' globe pieces, glued back to back for this circular tag.

However, just before I post my take on the Tag You're It featured design, let me make a disclaimer... I didn't set out for my embossing paste to have a bird on it!  Honestly, I didn't...  At the time I had no idea I would be using a bird.  The original plan was for the splat to have the cherries on it!  Really, I swear...   and I didn't even notice the 'oops' until a few hours later...




Now I have quite a cheeky tag to find a home for...  Still, it should get a laugh or two!!!

I chose the Carte Postale stamp (Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz) rather than a newsprint or script, adding Splatters (Tim Holtz) using my embossing paste.  As I don't own any burlap I went for lime green Spider Web instead.

Several layers of Papertrey Ink Wet Paint Cuts glued together made the word 'enjoy'.   Then it was simply a case of adding A Cherry on Top (Poppystamps) and the bird and twig pieces from Frantic Stamper's, Bird on a Pussywillow Branch.

Some green and cream twine to compliment the colour scheme...  and I was done  :)

Here's the featured tag design...


You'll notice that this is the closest I've come to sticking to the original inspiration tag so far.

Hope you have a good day!

Donna...

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I didn't notice my embossing paste 'oops' until a few hours later. It worked, so I left it!!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful piece, Donna! Impaccable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... Once you notice the 'oops' that's it, isn't it?
    Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a rebel who doesn't go literal-- we appreciate you joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin. Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete
  5. The bird and the cherries--fabulous. A great take on Erin's inspiration! Thank you for sharing with us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohhh this is awesome love, love it. Glad you joined us over at tag you're it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Does a Happy Dance!!!*
    Thank you, Anja :)

    ReplyDelete